The Future of Communication
2 Way Radios
Communication On Another Level
Turn your radio into a mobile office that can enter work orders, scan barcodes and even manage your IT. Our sales force has the knowledge to guide you through decisions on advanced wireless applications including GPS, wireless broadband, 2 way radios and mobile email.
Features of Analog
- As signal weakens, so does audio quality as static increases
- Not feature rich. Analog is pretty much limited to push-to-talk, scanning, simple group conversations (one-to-many), and limited encryption capabilities without involving some very creative and often unreliable design.
- It does not use frequencies as efficiently as can be done using digital.
Features of Digital
- When the signal is strong, the sound is clear and crisp. This clarity increases the effective range of the radio by around 5%
- If the signal is weak, it is likely to be lost completely. However, the audio is clear up until the moment it is lost.
- Not all digital broadcasts are compatible with each other. Your choices of manufacturers may be limited.
- New features such as enhanced text messaging, IP connectivity, GPS, 1 to 1 communications, and other data transmissions
IP Site connect
Trunking allows for customers to pool their frequencies/talk paths and share them with multiple talk groups, rather than the less efficient traditional method of assigning each talk group to their own dedicated frequency/talk path. Digital technology allows for advanced features like GPS & text messaging to be efficiently integrated into a radio system.
Unified PTT communication
Recently manufacturers have begun production of devices using the traditional 2 Way radio form factor (rugged and user-friendly) that operate on WiFi networks. We now have dual band radios that will be able to use traditional frequency bands (UHF/VHF/800MHz) as well as WiFi, all in one device [Icom IP100]
Call boxes are durable fixed mounted 2 way radios that have a loud speaker. Some popular solutions using call boxes are golf courses, school emergency solutions, security gates, and man lifts on construction job sites. [Ritron]